// Assistant events producer
Good Beer Hunting is looking for an assistant to help with the coordination and production of events and to help us create new experiences for our readers, fans, friends, and colleagues. All interested parties should submit your qualifications and any relevant supporting materials (resume, portfolio, links to social media, etc) by Friday, September 9th. Please pass along to anyone you think might be qualified!
At Good Beer Hunting, we host a wide range of events throughout the year that we need help producing--from intimate events like live podcast recordings and bottle shares to our larger signature events (such as: Uppers and Downers, Summer Crushes, and Olly Olly).
We are looking for someone to help on a part-time, variable basis (likely 15-30 hours per month), with potential for growth depending on desire/availability. The details of the role may adjust to the specific candidate but we are looking for people who can perform various event-related jobs, like coordinating volunteers and vendors, sourcing product, producing swag, etc. You will help in planning and event prep, as well as assist in running events, day-of.
The right person for this role should:
- Live in Chicago but be open to travel
- Be responsible, organized, professional, efficient, execution- /detail-oriented, and hard working
- Be a good listener and have an eagerness to learn
- Have some experience planning/producing events (or other relevant skills like customer service or administrative experience)
- Have a flexible schedule (as more time will be required as we get closer to an event)
- Be available evenings and weekends--as this is when most of our events take place
- Be comfortable collaborating over technology (using email/text and online tools like Airtable)
- As a bonus, it'd be great if you:
- Have some design skills (formal layout skills using Indesign/Illustrator, production/print experience, any fine art experience)
- Have a car or other means of personal transportation (for running errands)
- Have an interest in craft beer, culture, and community
- Hourly rate determined by experience.
This role will report directly to our Experience Director, Hillary Schuster.
Good Beer Hunting LLC is a website devoted to telling the story of beer as a product, and industry, and a culture through online storytelling, events, and product development. GBH is also a brand and portfolio consultancy working with breweries of all sizes across the country as they work to chart their strategic paths and develop new brands.
Please submit in the form below: